Scrum Master / Project Manager
CSM, CSPO, PMP
Experienced Project Manager and Scrum Master with 18+ years of experience of proven success in website development, mobile development, software development, business processes, and digital and traditional marketing. Highly skilled and successful in coaching, mentoring, facilitating, and servant leadership, guiding teams towards continuous improvement, using the values of FORCE - focus, openness, respect, commitment, and extreme courage - so that they can deliver true value to their product and team.
- Successfully guiding concurrent projects, with a 98% record of on-time delivery.
- Streamline multiple processes which led to an overall improvement of 35% efficiency.
- Leading cross-functional teams across technical, financial, and business disciplines.
- Focusing teams on business objectives to complete projects on time, on budget, and with desired results.
- Educating and reinforcing the Scrum framework and Agile methodologies to the teams and key stakeholders.
— Client focused / customer facing skills — Excellent interpersonal + listening skills — Communication + negotiation skills — Highly self-motivated + organized — Great attention to detail — Remote work experience — Highly technical — Fast learner — Scrum/Agile coach, mentor, facilitator
— Productivity / Microsoft Office Suite, Apple iWork, Adobe Acrobat
— Project Management / Jira, Trello, BaseCamp, Asana, Microsoft Project
— Design & Development / Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Brackets, Sublime Text
Project Manager / Scrum Master / ConsultantThe MRCH Agency Responsible for driving all aspects of custom web development, software development, and marketing projects for internal departments and contracted clients in various industries. Play a key role in securing major clients by creating compelling presentations, wireframes, and site prototype. Also responsible for mentoring and coaching businesses and their employees on agile concepts, principles, values, and practices to build more effective and efficient teams. HIGHLIGHTED PROJECTS
Project Manager & Scrum Master / LGPS, Inc, Kennesaw, GA (2013 - Present)
- + Manage several strategic company projects including website development, software implementation across entire company, and implementation of customer facing digital platforms with regard to presence, functionality, and adherence to corporate brand identity and messaging standards.
- + Utilize Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies to manage various project phases, including defining project scope, creating project plans, gather and defining requirements, business analysis, defining and designing solutions, development, testing, and implementation.
- + Coach and reinforce scrum practices to stakeholders, Product Owner, and Development Team.
- + Served as liaison between the scrum team and stakeholders, earning confidence of leadership and team.
- + Coach Product Owner on responsibilities and duties, creation and maintenance of Product Backlog, refining user stories, defining priorities, capturing risk, and mitigating dependencies.
- + Analyzed User Stories and assisted Product Owner in structuring Product Backlog by coordinating with business users to understand their priorities.
- + Facilitate Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Up, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- + Continuously improved empirical process (Transparency, Inspection and Adoption) for Scrum team.
- + Track velocity, burn down and burn up metrics and communicate to the leadership team as required.
- + Create and maintain production release, issues, risks, and impediments metrics and communicated to management as required.
Scrum Master & Project Manager / City Edge Realty, Kennesaw, GA (2014 - 2016)
- + Served as an advocate of the Scrum framework and company vision within the organization, assisting with agile transformation on team level
- + Facilitated all Scrum ceremonies including daily standup, backlog refinement, sprint reviews, sprint planning, and sprint retrospective meetings. Participated in sprint pre-planning, planning meetings, daily scrums, sprint reviews, sprint demo meetings and backlog grooming.
- + Coached the team on the importance and implementation of scrum, empowering the team to inspect and adapt their process through continuous improvement.
- + Collaborated with marketing department by gathering and prioritizing product requirements.
- + Tracked and communicated team velocity and sprint/release progress to all teams and management.
- + Tracked, escalated, and removed impediments to ensure team was able to effectively complete task during sprint.
- + Collaborated with Product Owners to effectively define and prioritize the backlog.
- + Provided technical assistance during project planning and demonstrations.
- + Determined the team capacity (velocity) from historical data.; created Work Break down structure (user stories) and corresponding activities (tasks).
Digital Project Manager / SEM/WSD, Remote (2013 - 2014)
- + Assimilated quickly into rapidly expanding web development firm with accountability for the agency’s largest clients with accountability for digital planning and web strategy for agency clients, managed internal resources, schedules, and scope for project executions.
- + Developed effective company-wide processes and best practices to effectively manage projects and increase client satisfaction.
- + Mentored leadership units in determining appropriate Agile implementation strategies, defining roles and responsibilities, and creating transparency and visibility within teams and organizations.
- + Instructed development team on Agile methods, leadership and facilitation skills, team development, and collaboration practices.
- + Managed the technology, people, resources, and scope changes to achieve goals, reach targets and milestones, and deliver the project on time and within budget.
- + Lead and supervised cross functional and virtual teams (located overseas and nationally) in regular meetings and working sessions, providing direction and support for various phases of the project, while successfully managing various work schedules and skill sets.
- + Demonstrated leadership qualities to drive tasks to completion, influence and motivate others, solve problems, meet deadlines, and organize project activities resulting in client satisfaction and retention.
- + Tracked performance of critical project deliverables and reported to stakeholders as required.
Senior Project ManagerExhale! Events & Design Led development, management, and measurement of digital strategies as well as completed project management of all internal and client events.
- + Responsible for development of event content, site selection, contract negotiation, program planning and implementation, vendor selection, logistics, production needs, and overall onsite management.
- + Partnered with stakeholders to identify key requirements, define project scope, develop project plan and schedule, and establish progress and direction of the project by achieving goals, reaching targets, solving issues, and mitigating risks.
- + Monitored, directed, and provided leadership to project staff in an effort to improve skills, learn from mistakes, and help to grow as employees.
- + Focused teams on business objectives and tracked progress to ensure project milestones were completed on time, on budget, and with desired results.
- + Acted as the primary liaison between internal and external teams, ascertaining whether internal and external teams were meeting objectives.
- + Monitored all contractual agreements regarding technical needs, meeting space, logistics, special concession, and other contracted services, and designed and facilitated issue resolutions.
- + Identified any discrepancies and escalated appropriately, including facilitating an improvement plan should objectives rate unsatisfactory.
- + Created processes to effectively manage projects and increase client satisfaction.
- + Participated in all client facing activities, supporting business development and delivery while fostering client partners and relationships.
- + Built a top-notch team of freelance professionals, thus allowing the agency to grow additional business without increasing costs.
- + Managed project administration, including contract management, invoicing, vendor/contractor hours verification, and meeting scheduling.
Project CoordinatorWorth International Assisted the Marketing team in achieving ongoing efficiency improvements by documenting internal processes, and formalizing reference documents used across various departments to ensure programs were executed consistently, and accurately. Worked closely with all stakeholders to foster project relationships and communication.
- + Worked with Senior Management to support project delivery activities for internal and client projects.
- + Provided implementation information such as project schedules, security, network, hardware, performance testing, handling of images, etc.
- + Assisted in maintaining knowledge of all on-going projects to stay aware of risks, uphold standards, monitor scope for project quality, and be able to resolve issues as they arise.
- + Managed creation of business collateral including advertisements, fliers, newsletters, and packages for events, corporate clients, and visiting guests.
- + Collaborated with channel/digital marketing and other stakeholders to deliver marketing analytics to support online campaigns.
- + Prepared, distributed, and presented regular communication and project status to key stakeholders.
Certifications & Education
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®)Certification #980085
Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®)Certification #984622
Project Management Professional (PMP®)Certification #2270708
Project Management Institute, Inc